My due date is around the corner, and my bags are finally packed, so I’m going to share with you all what’s in them!
Disclaimer: I’m a first time mommy, so I’m certainly going to learn what of these are necessary and what aren’t. I’ll share what I learn after it all goes down. So let’s get to it!
This bag was borrowed from a lovely friend who used it for her very own labor and delivery. I’m using it to take the boppy pillow and for all the things the hospital gives mommies when it’s time to go home.
(Perchased at Babies R Us)
Baby’s bag contains:
- A few diapers/wipes
- Baby powder/lotion
- Receiving blanket
- Three outfits of different sizes (nb, 0-3 months, and preemie just in case she’s super tiny – hey, my niece was born just a week before her due date and she fit only in a preemie outfit when she was born!)
- Nursing cover
- Changing pad (only because it comes with the bag)
MY HOSPITAL BAG
(purchased at a thrift store)
My bag is pretty basic. I packed:
- 2 comfy outfits for me (2 tee shirts, 1 pair of sweats that previously belonged to my husband and 1 pair of workout leggings)
- Comb with extra hair ties
- Shampoo/conditioner/body wash (all travel-sized)
- Nursing bra & nursing undershirt (I will be breastfeeding)
- Breast pads
- Prenatal vitamins
I will be adding a robe when I find one I like and regular flip flops for the shower and for walking around.
So there you have it! I’m basically ready to go, now we play the waiting game for when Kaylani Aliyah is ready to come out!